How does HydraFacial work?
HydraFacial consists of a patented vortex action technology which deeply cleanses the skin in preparation for superior absorption of specialised products, which contain ‘super-nutrients’ such as hyaluronic acid (HA), red algae extract, horse chestnut seed extract, zinc, magnesium, copper, peptides and super-charged antioxidants. This bespoke cocktail of powerful skin ingredients intensely hydrates, rejuvenates, conditions and reverses skin damage caused by outside elements such as environmental pollution and sun exposure as well as skin issues, associated with the natural ageing process as well as emotional and physiological stresses.
HydraFacial comes in 2 treatment types -‘Core’ and ‘Skin Health’. ‘Core’ is a 3-step process which takes around 30 minutes. ‘Skin Health’ adds 2 more steps (detoxification and rejuvenation) which boosts the skin even further and produces a natural-yet-striking glow. This treatment can take up to 60 relaxing minutes.
There are unique ZO Skin Health ‘booster’ additions to Hydrafacial too, for our patients that already use their products. Ask your practitioner about the ZO Hydrafacial Boosters at your next appointment.
Which conditions can be treated with HydraFacial?
• Dry, dehydrated skin
• General skin ageing
• Dull toned skin
• Fine lines and wrinkles
• Discoloured, sun-damaged or pigmented skin
• Oily, congested or acne-prone skin
Which areas can HydraFacial treat?
HydraFacial can treat a range of skin concerns, all over the face and body. However, the most popular treatment areas consist of the face, the neck and décolletage. For brides-to-be or anyone concerned with ageing or dryness of the skin on the hands, or for a refreshing hand treat for those who use hand sanitisers regularly or work with their hands in water, a HydraFacial treatment for this area can work wonders to reduce lines and wrinkles and to nourish and replenish moisture.
Who is suitable for a course of HydraFacial treatments?
As HydraFacial is non-invasive, relaxing and gentle, offering no recovery or downtime , most patients can benefit from the treatment. However, here at KL Cosmetic Clinics, we will always request that you attend an initial, pre-treatment consultation and skin assessment with your practitioner prior to any procedure. This meeting allows us to assess your individual concerns, check your medical history and ensure that you are fit, well and will of course, benefit from your chosen treatment. Once this meeting is completed, you can go ahead with the recommended procedure.
Which treatment should I have?
Your skin is as unique as you are. Therefore, your HydraFacial treatment should be tailored to your specific needs and requirements. The products that we use will be chosen for your specific skin type and concerns and your practitioner will be able to alter or ‘tweak’ treatments as you go along. As we recommend one session per month, you may find that with the changing seasons, your skin has different requirements. The beauty of HydraFacial is that it is so versatile, it can be fine-tuned to your own skin needs.
What happens during the HydraFacial treatment?
There are 6 steps to a HydraFacial treatment:-
- 1 – Detox - a unique lymphatic drainage process increases circulation and eliminates any toxins from the skin.
- 2 – Cleanse & exfoliate - dead skin cells and impurities are gently suctioned away using a hand-held device. The skin is thoroughly cleansed and prepared for the absorption of topical applications.
- 3 – Brightening – an extremely gentle, glycolic and salicylic solution is applied to the skin to loosen any dirt and debris from your pores. This step also offers a brightening effect.
- 4 – Extraction – blackheads, excess oils and impurities are extracted from your skin in the gentlest way, using honey extract and salicylic acid.
- 5 – Hydration – a unique combination of moisture-infused hyaluronic acid, peptides and antioxidants are applied directly, to plump, replenish and maximise hydration to your skin.
- 6 – Rejuvenation – a state-of-the-art LED light is utilised in this final step, to stimulate new collagen and to reduces redness, leaving your skin fresh, soft and glowing.
Are there any contraindications to HydraFacial?
As HydraFacial is a gentle and pain-free treatment, most patients will be able to undergo a course. However, there are some contraindications that can restrict or prevent the treatment from going ahead. You will be asked to disclose your medical history prior to a treatment session, in a no obligation consultation.
- Contraindications include :-
• Pregnancy / breast feeding
• Roaccutane (within 12 months of use)
• Autoimmune disease
• Allergies to prawns, honey or aspirin
- When will I see the results from HydraFacial and how long do they last?
You will be able to see immediate results from one session of HydraFacial, which will most-likely last around 28 days, if a medical-grade skincare is used at home to maintain them. At KL Cosmetic Clinics, we recommend a treatment with HydraFacial once every 4 to 6 weeks. The more regularly you have HydraFacial, the better your skin will look and feel.